Monday, January 28, 2013

and still couching....

So I have been diligently working on the skirt almost every day in the last couple of weeks...except for one Sunday due to a migraine :(.  I did learn to take breaks every half hour and the headaches and eye strain seem to have eased. People are getting quite used to me sewing in the lunch room.

I have been concentrating on couching the black threads onto the gold fabric and have finished the motifs on the top of the skirt and around 1/4 of the side/back. So not much to update really, lots of work done, lots more to go.

On a side note, I made a late 15c German Kampfrau dress to wear to our annual Christmas fundraiser and also so I could show some lovely ladies how to make one (i thought I should make one before teaching it lol). I wore it again to our Midsummer feast a couple of weeks ago and managed to make sure I got a reasonable picture. Having worn it a couple of times, I plan on making some adjustments and adding a black trim to the neckline. But that will have to wait until after Eleanora is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Ini Bisa Satu Blog Bermanfaat khusus kami pernah Tiba Di seberang Pada Subyek ini. Pada dasarnya. Aku Juga Seorang Spesialis Dalam topik ini Jadi saya Bisa Memahami Kerja Keras Anda. sbobet wap

    ReplyDelete