Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Earlier work

Here are a couple of pictures of a dress I made for the Bal d Aneala a couple of years ago. Its based on a portrait of Maria de Medici.
Another couple of hours completed. This is what the underside of the applique looks like after the hand couching has been applied. I still need to go and trim off all of the threads but that can wait until later.

I have also made a plain black dress with a similar bodice and neckline which seems to fit quite well, so I will use the pattern again when it comes to making the bodice up.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

still working....

I am still working on the dress. It's taking a while and I have to make a tabbard and outfit for a friend, a black Spanish number and an 8th C Monks outfit for a book launch.