Sunday, May 8, 2011

Eleanora dress - skirt

At last, a picture of the nearly complete skirt. I am going to finish the hem edge with a black velvet guard to protect the satin from dirt and feet. You can see where one of the gold motifs is missing - it hadn't been sewn down yet and came off. Trying to get velvet to stick to delustered satin is nearly impossible when you have to keep moving the fabric. If you look closely at the picture you can see the seam. I closed the side seam and then did the applique over the top so I didnt have to try and match the pattern later.

So far the skirt weighs 1.7kg.


  1. Truly stunning! The amount of effort you are putting into this project is really inspiring. I look forward to all of your updates, and can't wait to see it finished!