So I have been diligently working on the skirt almost every day in the last couple of weeks...except for one Sunday due to a migraine :(. I did learn to take breaks every half hour and the headaches and eye strain seem to have eased. People are getting quite used to me sewing in the lunch room.
I have been concentrating on couching the black threads onto the gold fabric and have finished the motifs on the top of the skirt and around 1/4 of the side/back. So not much to update really, lots of work done, lots more to go.
On a side note, I made a late 15c German Kampfrau dress to wear to our annual Christmas fundraiser and also so I could show some lovely ladies how to make one (i thought I should make one before teaching it lol). I wore it again to our Midsummer feast a couple of weeks ago and managed to make sure I got a reasonable picture. Having worn it a couple of times, I plan on making some adjustments and adding a black trim to the neckline. But that will have to wait until after Eleanora is finished.