Monday, May 21, 2018

Outlander inspried dresses.

While the poor Eleanora de Toledo dress has been sitting around waiting for attention I have still been sewing. Inspired by the Outlander series and the local Highland Gathering and Quilt Run, I whipped up a dress and hat to wear.




I used the Simplicity patterns for the dress, which was easy to follow and didn't need any adjusting over the stays I had on hand. The amazing Jacobean style fabric for the underskirt and stomacher came from a local quilting shop in Mandurah called 'Sew Connected'. The hat started life as a $7 straw look sunhat in a discount store and was unpicked and restitched to suit the dress.

I wore it to the event and had a ball meeting people. So many people wanted the dress I ran a series of classes on how to make a similar dress at a local arts centre.

1 comment: